The Janáček Brno international festival – the only biennial which presents Leoš Janáček directly in the places where he worked, lived and created for more than fifty years.
The festival is based around opera performances by Czech and foreign opera companies, the juxtaposition of differently conceived stagings by major figures and the presentation of world premieres and previously unseen original versions of works by Leoš Janáček. The festival features symphonic and chamber concerts, matinees, colloquia, programmes for children, exhibitions, alternative concerts, and theatre and film performances linked with the composer.
A brief history of the JANÁČEK BRNO festival:
- 5th year 2016 Expectation
- 4th year 2014 Happy Birthday Leoš!
- 3rd year 2012 Genius Loci (P. Haas, J. Berg, M. Ištvan, E. W. Korngold…)
- 2nd year 2010 subtitle: Janáček versus Expressionism (A. Schönberg, Anton Webern, A. Berg…); in honour of Sir Charles Mackerras
- 1st year 2008
- year zero/2004 all Janáček’s operas staged
- INNOVATION IN THE MARKETING CAMPAIGN FOR THE JANÁČEK BRNO 2014 INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL
- Project No. : CZ.1.11/2.2.00/38.01605
- National Theatre Brno implemented the project INNOVATION IN THE MARKETING CAMPAIGN FOR THE JANÁČEK BRNO 2014 INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL during the period 5. 8. 2014 – 28. 2. 2015, with the support of the Regional Operational Programme South-East. The project was co-financed by the European Union. The project created the platform upon which subsequent marketing campaigns for the Janáček Brno Festival are built.